General Reference sources...
1. Are used in the early stages of research to provide background information.
2. Give you the essential facts and concepts to understand material written by experts.
3. Focused on well-established knowledge.
4. Present controversies in an objective and balanced way.
5. Save you time and frustration!
The following is a list of common search terms related to cultural anthropology that you may use to generate ideas for your research.
Also take a look at the online anthropology books on the right. They have many more ideas for research areas you could focus on.
PCC has a number of online reference databases that are great starting points for your research. Here are a few suggested resources.
Studies in anthropology are multidisciplinary so you may need to look in other types of databases for sources, depending on your selected topic. See all Reference Resources databases.