Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use MedlinePlus to get an overview of a disorder
Use Online Reference Books to get an Overview of a Disorder
Use PCC Databases to Find Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
This database lets you limit to certain kinds of psychology articles:
- Empirical studies (data was gathered and analyzed)
- Literature reviews (research that describes and evaluates many previous studies on a topic)
- (Explore other functions)
It also contains the journals published by APA, which are highly used by psychologists.
- Click Advanced Search
- To limit to literature reviews, scroll down to Methodology. From this menu, select Literature Review.
- (Alternatively, to find empirical studies, select Empirical Study instead.)
- Scroll up to the search boxes and enter your keywords. All of your results will be limited to either empirical articles or literature reviews.