Skip to Main Content
- Wal-mart will hurt small businesses
- Our downtown area will be weakened
- The store and parking lot are ugly.
- Most of the profits will leave the city
- Traffic will be congested.
- A 24-hour business pollutes: noise, light and petty crime
- Low prices for customers. The money saved stays in our community.
- Convenience for customers
- Employment for citizens
- People will shop in our city, rather than going elsewhere.
- Tax revenue for the city
- Sales taxes
- Property taxes
- Charitable donations from Wal-mart