General Reference sources...
1. Are used in the early stages of research to provide background information.
2. Provide an unbiased overview about a topic.
3. Give you the essential facts and concepts to understand material written by experts.
4. Focus on well-established knowledge.
5. Present controversies in an objective and balanced way.
6. Save you time and frustration!
Also take a look at the online anthropology books on the right. They have many more ideas for research areas you could focus on.
PCC has a number of online reference databases that are great starting points for your research. Here are a few suggested resources for research on gender and sexuality.
Studies in anthropology are multidisciplinary so you may need to look in other types of databases for sources, depending on your selected topic. See all Encyclopedias & Reference.
These eBooks are available online: