Writing a documented paper on a community controversy requires that both sides of an issue be examined, needing the researcher to take a position on one side or the other. In addition, you must defend your position against opposing points of views. You will need to find 4-6 credible sources, at least three of which must be scholarly articles.
Your research for a persuasive essay will involve one or more of the following:
- Choosing a controversial issue that interests you, based on your instructions in the assignment
- Locating reference sources to provide background information on your topic
- Locating journal or magazine articles according to the time periods specified in your assignment
- Locating websites specifically aimed at your topic
- Citing your sources in MLA style
- Preparing an Annotated Bibliography