Writing an argumentative paper on a career controversy requires that both sides of an issue be examined, needing the researcher to take a position on one side or the other. In addition, you must defend your position against opposing points of views. Your argumentative paper, therefore will involve argument and persuasion.
Your research for a persuasive essay will involve one or more of the following:
- Choosing a controversial issue that interests you, based on your instructions in the assignment
- Locating reference sources to provide background information on your topic
- Locating journal or magazine articles according to the time periods specified in your assignment
- Locating websites specifically aimed at your topic
- Citing your sources in MLA style
- Preparing an Annotated Bibliography