Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why use Reference Resources to Find Background Information?
General Reference sources...
1. Are used in the early stages of research to provide background information.
2. Provide an unbiased overview about a topic.
3. Give you the essential facts and concepts to understand material written by experts.
4. Focus on well-established knowledge.
5. Present controversies in an objective and balanced way.
6. Save you time and frustration!
Class Project Topics
History of Stereotypes/Women & Men
Process/Implications of Stereotyping
Psychodynamic Approach to Personality
Social Learning Theory
Cognitive Theories of Gender Dev.
Gender Identity Development
Experience & Expression of Emotion
The School Experience/Early
The School Experience/Middle School
The School Experience/High School
The School Experience/College
Gender Issues at Work
Stress and Coping
PCC has a number of online reference databases that are great starting points for your research. Here are a few suggested resources for research on gender and sexuality.
Print Reference Resources