Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search 2.5 million images for your presentation. PCC has paid for copyright clearance.
1. Open Image Quest - one of Pima's databases.
2. Type in keywords (upper right).
- Name of a people: Hazara
- For tribes in a country: Afghantistan tribe
- A a cultural object: bamboo
3. Click an image to enlarge it.
- To browse the images in full size, click the arrows.
- To copy the full image, right-click it, select "Copy." Then paste it into your PowerPoint.
4. Get a citation for the image (plus more information)...
- When the thumbnail images are displayed, click the top icon. (See sample below)
- Copy the MLA citation. (For APA, select it from the list).
- See the list of keywords. Click one to see more images on that topic. Example: turkana tribe
5. "Save" multiple images to your lightboard.
- In thumbnail view, click the "+" icon for various images
- Open your lightbox (Upper right).
- Your can email or download all these images. Then insert images into your PowerPoint.
- NOTE: The images are not saved. If you close the tab, they are gone.
Image Quest Photo Examples with Citations
Guide for adding images to PowerPoint from ImageQuest
Find images from the web for your presentation. It is probably a "fair use" of copyrighted images if you use them only for this class project.
1. Open Google Images.
2. Enter keywords
3. In thumbnail view, click an image.
4. Don't be fooled. Always open the web page where the image is found. What is the meaning of the image in this context? Can you trust the source to be accurate?
- Click the Visit page button. Is this image what you think it is? If so, then...
- Click View original image
5. Copy or save the image
- Right-click it. Select Copy Image or Save Image As..
- Open your PowerPoint. Paste it or Insert it.
- Create an MLA or APA citation for this image. You'll need information about the web page.
PowerPoint Example with Citations