1. To learn the basics of conducting research using Lateral Reading and/or SIFTing. (Fancy terminology but some of us do this already, and it's a simple process; time consuming, but simple)
- We'll discuss what Lateral Reading and SIFTing are and how to use them to find credible sources.
- I'll demonstrate how to use these methods with one or two websites.
- We'll practice on a website together.
- Individually or in pairs, you'll use Lateral Reading and/or SIFTing on two websites I'll provide. You'll also take a short quiz to test your skills.
- With whatever time is left, find one or two websites using your selected topics. I will walk around the room if you need help!
- Evaluate your librarian, Sol Gómez
Please review the rest of the tabs at your convenience, as they can help you with your research as well!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help or have questions! Also feel free to visit the library in the Plaza building, second floor, Room F-210.