Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Social of Cultural History
Thematic or Philosophical Issues
1. Find authors who share your topic, and learn from them.
2. Assemble sources that together illuminate your question.
- Biography of your author
- Literary criticism and history
- Sources that deal directly with your context
- Cultural studies
- General social or artistic themes
1. Enclose phrases in quotation marks
2. Add your author's last name
"sonny's blues" baldwin
3. Use the database filters to focus on biographies or literary criticism.