Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
*Click above to access with your MyPima username/pasword
This guide is intended to help you research sources on Modern Literature.
For information ABOUT your author (background on his/her life, analysis of writing style, criticism of works), try these pages of the research guide:
For other types of research (i.e. historical background), try:
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact any campus Librarian.
Course Reading List:
- Ranier Maria Rilke: The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge (Penguin Classics)
- Sherwood Anderson: Winesburg, Ohio (Penguin)
- Charles Baudelaire: Paris Spleen (New Directions)
- Samuel Beckett: Waiting for Godot (Grove)
- Andre Breton: Nadja (Grove)
- Italo Calvino: Cosmicomics (Harcourt)
- T.S. Eliot: The Waste Land (Norton Critical Editions)
- James Joyce: Dubliners (Penguin)
- Zora Neale Hurston: Their Eyes Were Watching God (Harper Perennial)
- Franz Kafka: The Metamorphosis (Modern Library)
- Luigi Pirandello: Six Characters in Search of an Author (Signet Classics)
- Gertrude Stein: Tender Buttons (City Lights)
- Jean Toomer: Cane (Liveright)
- Virginia Woolf: Mrs. Dalloway (Mariner)