Welcome to the PCC Library guide for research and writing.
This guide is intended as a starting place for researchers and students enrolled in Writing 102, for locating biographical and contextual analysis material on assigned short stories, excerpts from novels, essays, and other forms of literature, written during the dates indicated:
- "The Yellow Wallpaper", short story by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1892)
- "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World" fiction by Gabriel Garcia Mårquez (1970)
- "El Tonto del Barrio, " short story by José Armas
- "The Things They Carried",novel excerpt by Tim O'Brien (1986)
- "The Red Convertible", novel excerpt by Louise Erdrich (1984) (set in 1974)
- "Sonny's Blues", short story by James Baldwin (1957)
- "The New Negro," essay by Alain Locke (1925)
- "Workers," essay by Richard Rodriguez (1982)
- "A Modest Proposal," satirical essay by Jonathan Swift (1729)
Please use the tabs above to locate frequently recommended resources. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact me.