Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Consider the following five criteria:
1. Accuracy - Is the information correct?
2. Authority - What are the author's credentials?
3. Coverage - Is the content covered comprehensively?
4. Currency - Is the information current?
5. Purpose - Is the content biased?
If you're not certain, ask a librarian!
Top Tip: Google's Site Search
When you search Google for ethnographic sources, add this command to your search:
- maassai "gender role" site.edu
- kikuyu site.edu
What does it do?
- It returns only web pages from U.S. colleges and universities.