To locate this guide by URL: https://libguides.pima.edu/EGTS
General Reference sources...
1. Are used in the early stages of research to provide background information.
2. Give you the essential facts and concepts to understand material written by experts.
3. Focused on well-established knowledge.
4. Present controversies in an objective and balanced way.
5. Save you time and frustration!
The following is a list of common search terms related to this subject area that you may use to generate ideas for your research.
Also take a look at the online anthropology books in the ONLINE REFERENCE BOOKS box.
Studies in the areas of ethnic, gender and transborder studies are multidisciplinary so you may need to look in other types of reference databases for sources, depending on your selected topic
See all Encyclopedias & Reference databases, then click the link that looks like this
to browse them.
The selected online reference databases below are especially great starting points for your research:
The following reference books are available online.