You are creating a marketing plan. To determine the target market for your business, focus on two key facts:
- The physical location of your business.
- The type of goods or services it sells.
Using this guide, find the statistics to complete your Census Data Activity Worksheet.
Many of these demographic statistics focus on a zip code. What do they tell you potential customers for this location?
- What is your ideal customer profile, in terms of the following:
- household type,
- home value
- How appropriate is the business location to appeal to these customers?
- Will customers likely live close to your business, or not necessarily?
- How can you advertise to them most effectively?